Tropocells® system is a proprietary platform based on blood separation according to density using a unique separation gel. The system allows for the preparation of pure PRP with optimal platelet concentrations and cellular content. Virtually, all Red Blood Cells (RBC) are eliminated from PRP and the concentration of pro-inflammatory Granulocytes (GRs) is dramatically reduced.
PRP is prepared by taking a small sample of the patient’s own blood, then separating platelets from Platelet-Poor Plasma (PPP), RBC and GRs via centrifugation. PRP is then collected and can be applied the treated site to promote soft and hard tissue regeneration. The whole preparation process takes up to 20 minutes.
- A progressive non-surgical healing treatment in a variety of fields, including dermal aesthetics, sports medicine, orthopedics, dentistry, wound healing etc.
- A fraction of autologous blood with supraphysiological concentration of platelets and their associated growth factors.
- Upon activation, platelet-derived α granules release autologous growth factors involved in cell proliferation, angiogenesis, collagenesis and matrix remodelling (PDGF/ TGF/ VEGF/ EGF/ FGF/ IGF etc).
- PRP is thought to promote physiological wound healing and rapid tissue regeneration
- Autologous (from patient’s own blood)
- Easy to use, rapid and effective system
- Requires small sample of blood (10-60ml)
- Optimal Platelet Concentration
- Biocompatible, and xeno-free, minimizing safety concerns and rejection
- Control of PRP volume by discarding PPP
- Increases platelet concentration
- Adjustment to clinical protocols
- Specially designed accessories to facilitate PRP harvest
- Virtually eliminating granulocytes from the PRP, which are considered not beneficial in terms of regeneration process and may contribute to a catabolic effect by secreting catabolic mediators, including metalloproteinases.
- Eliminating undesired erythrocytes, which have been shown to significantly decrease fibroblast proliferation and augment apoptosis in vitro.
- Remnant of mononuclear cells present in the PRP assists in fighting infection and is thought to enhance the anabolic effects of PRP.
• Enables high platelet concentration of X4-5 fold compared to baseline
• Rapid and simple process – only one centrifugation
• Adjustment to a specific clinical application by controlling the final PRP volume
• Compatible with OR and/or doctor’s office setting